Skip to main content

ROSE JELLY

Hi,
When I taste some dishes or snacks and I like it ,immediately I will think of trying it. Jelly is also one of them.I remember when we were kids me and my sister loved jelly like anything,It comes in different flavours , shapes and sizes (like dolphin , teddy beat etc) and we loved all those flavours. We even collected all the empty jelly boxes to show our friends that we ate more jellies. Even after marriage my grace for jelly never faded, wherever I go I buy a jelly and taste it.
One day I found jelly mix packet in super market and immediately I brought it . But instead of jelly mix it was pudding mix so the project failed. Then again I surfed in net and found the recipe ,  I tired with Gelatin and it was a great success. The main advantage with Gelatin is you can make it in any flavour and any colour and its like you can make anything to jelly. You can convert any fruit juices , flavours to jellies and enjoy. You can use agar agar / china grass also instead of Gelatin (My sister in law told me agar agar cools down our body so it is good for health).
I wanted to make rose falooda so I made this Rose jelly but once the jelly was set and I took it from fridge my kid swallowed everything and nothing left to make falooda:) then again I made and clicked in hurry before she places her hand on it.

The recipe is so simple that you can make it for your kids with healthy fruits too, here below the recipe,

INGREDIENTS:
Water – 3/4 cup.
Rose essence – 5 drops
Sugar – 7 tsp.
Gelatin – 1/2 tsp.

NEED CLARIFICATION ABOUT MY MEASUEMENTS? PLS CLICK TO CLARIFY


PREPARATION:
1) Mix gelatin powder in 1/4 cup of water and leave it for 10 mins.

2) After 10 mins of soaking, heat the mixture in medium heat with continuous stirring till gelatin  dissolves in water completely.

3) When done remove from heat and add sugar, rose essence and mix till sugar dissolves.

4) Now pour the mixture in desired moulds and refrigerate for 3 hours or until they set.


5) When set remove from fridge, unmould and enjoy.




NOTES:
1) You can replace rose essence with any fruit juice of your choice.
2) You can also increase sugar levels to 8 tsp.
3) If you want very firmer jellies you can increase the gelatin by 3/4 tsp. but I feel 1/2 tsp is enough.
You can replace the gelatin powder with agar agar too.
4) So what you are waiting for just make it in home and surprise your kids!!



HAPPY COOKING!!!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou