Skip to main content

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

Hi All,
After shifting this is the first recipe I clicked last week .I brought new pan for brownie making and I was so curious to try brownie in it. Atlast I brought all the ingredients and tried immediately , for my surprise it came to be very well and the project was a great success . My kid started munching right from tray and she stopped only when the last piece went to her mouth. I was thinking to post something sweet and I felt this would be right recipe to post as the brownie was so soft , chewy , chocolatey. It tasted wonderful and I strongly suggest you to try this atleast once at home and then surely you wont go for stores to buy brownies. Also the brownie making is a bit costly when compared to other cakes but surely it is cheaper than store brought one ( I use to buy one single piece for 50 Indian Rs. , costly isn't it!! ) .
I should thank my friend Viji , she was continuously insisting me to bake brownies for her but due to wrong pan size I was not able to achieve right consistency in Chennai . After coming to Bangalore I made it right but She is not here to share with :( So I dedicate this recipe to my dear Viji.

I took this recipe from Nigella’s recipe , she is having very good recipes for baking and it is a fool proof recipe. I altered the ratios according to my taste.

Lets dive into recipe,

RECIPE SOURCE : NIGELLA’S COOK BOOK.
SERVINGS : APPX 25 PIECES.

INGREDIENTS :
Cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
Butter – 2/3 cup (appx 150 gms)
Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
Chocolate pieces – 1 medium sized (I used dairy milk 25 Rs. pack)
Eggs – 4 nos
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp.
Salt – a pinch


METHOD : 
 
1)Grind sugar to coarse powder (granulated sugar). In a wide pan add butter , sugar and stir in low heat until butter melts and mixes with sugar.

2) When done remove from heat and add cocoa powder and mix well. Followed by all purpose flour ,baking powder , salt and mix till they mix evenly.
3) Now add eggs, vanilla essence and mix gently till the eggs mix well with the flour mix.
4) Make sure the ingredients are mixed well with each other.
5) Chop the chocolate pieces to medium sized pieces and add to the flour mix and mix them in fold method.
6) Preheat the oven at 180”C for 30 mins. Grease a square baking tin with butter and dust with all purpose flour evenly.
7) Pour the mixed content to dusted tin and tap it gently to make the batter spread evenly.
8) Place the tin in preheated oven and bake for 30 mins (When the tooth pick is inserted in middle of tin it should come out dry with crumbs).My oven took around 40 mins to bake it perfectly so it depends on oven.
9) When done remove from oven and let it undisturbed till the brownie reaches room temperature.
10) Now invert the tin and remove the brownie from baking tin , then what!! slice the brownies and enjoy. Looks very easy know!! don't wait just try.


NOTES:

1) Always choose good quality cocoa powder ,I used Cadbury. You can use either cadbury or Hershey.

2) The pan size also plays important role in brownie consistency , I used 8”X8” square pan. If you use wrong size also you will get soft cake but you will not get chewy brownie consistency.

3) Don't skip adding chocolate pieces it gives amazing texture and flavour.

4) You can add chopped nuts also along with chocolate pieces to make more healthier.

5) Over cooking makes the brownies dry and hard so after 30 mins of baking , keep checking often to make sure you remove from heat at right stage.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou