Skip to main content

PINK SPONGE CAKE !


Hi All,
CAKES!! The name itself gives me pleasure ..I love cakes of any types! So baking a cake also gives me so much happiness.Whenever I fell depressed or not in a good feel I immediately move to kitchen and will start baking something , baking is like doing meditation to me :) lot of peace to mind :).

I baked this PINK SPONGE CAKE for my husband to celebrate Father’s day.My husband loves rose milk flavor and during summer I use to prepare rose milk frequently,So I thought of surprising him with his favorite flavored cake.I added few drops of rose essence to my normal sponge cake batter and baked this cake.And the cake came out to be too good.. very spongy , soft , fantastic aroma ,color and flavor! Very happy with the results.

On fathers day I gave this cake in my daughters hand and she took it to her father with a fathers day song :) and he was so impressed..Also the next surprise is cake,he loved his favorite flavored cake too.
That’s how the father’s day celebration went happily this year.
Iam very proud to share the recipe with you too,

INGREDIENTS :
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Egg – 2 nos
Butter – ¾ cup
Milk – 3 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Rose essence – 4 drops.




PREPARATION :
1) Making a cake is very easy , just follow the steps without skipping , without hurrying .That's it , no complication methods involved.
2) Pre heat your oven at 180`C.
3) In your blender blend butter  , sugar , vanilla essence till creamy.

4) Empty the mixed content to a wide bowl ,add rose essence ,  crack open one egg and beat till it mixed well with the batter.Then add next egg and mix it well too ( use your hand beater or electric beater )

5) Then add baking powder , milk and mix well.

 
6) Now add all purpose flour ,  little by little and keep mixing . Using spatula mix the batter in flip , fold method that is after mixing the batter must be in ribbon consistency .When you pour the batter from top the batter must flow like a ribbon ( as in picture).

RIBBON CONSISTENCY
 7) Grease your baking pan with butter  and dust it with little all purpose flour evenly.
8) Pour your cake batter in the pan and bake for 30 mins, when insert a tooth pick at centre of cake it must come out clean .

9) When done remove from oven and invert it to a wide plate , let the cake cools itself to room temperature.
10) That’s all !! Cut the cakes as per your wish and enjoy!!!



NOTES :

1) For step 3 , you can even use your beater to mix butter and sugar.I use my mixie (blender ) to mix them evenly and quickly.
2) Don’t over cook your cakes , 30 mins is enough.
3) Never fill the cake pan full, as your cakes will raise to double the size during baking.

HAPPY COOKING!!!!

Comments

  1. Thankyou for sharing your article. It is very helpful for beginners and I have to say that Learn tips and tricks of baking cakes from the experts of Baking Classes in Chennai. They provide various courses of baking and frosting classes for the beginner level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou