Skip to main content

GINGER GARLIC COCONUT CHUTNEY / KERALA COCONUT CHUTNEY


Hi All,

One thing I get struck in my cooking is preparing sidedish for dinner !!!! Breakfast is not a problem as in morning hurry everyone eats whatever I give in their hands but dinner is very tricky J..So I always surfing for side dishes and I have little collection too J

And todays recipe is also a version of coconut chutney but little spiced up..I followed this recipe from Yummytummyarthi.com.We are not big fan of Coconut chutney as I always feel they tastes plain but this version of chutney is slightly different and tasted great with dosa.The recipe is so simple.
RECIPE SOURCE :yummytummyarthi.com
SERVINGS : 2 nos  
Lets see the recipe,

INGREDIENTS :

Coconut (grated )  -  1 cup

Ginger ½” piece – 1

Garlic – 4 pods

Onion (big) – ½ piece (For grinding)
Onion (big) - 1/4 piece ( for sauting)
Chilli powder – 1 tsp

Curry leaves – few

Salt-as required

Coconut oil – 1 tsp

Mustard – ¼ tsp

Channa dal – ¼ tsp

Urad dal – ¼ tsp
PREPARATION :

1) Grind coconut,onion,salt,ginger,garlic,chilli powder to little coarse paste.


2) In a pan add coconut oil when oil heats add mustard and let it splutter.

3) Now add curry leaves followed by Channa dal , urad dal and onions and fry till they turn to golden brown.

4) When done switch off the flame and add the sauted ingredients to the ground chutney and give a quick mix and serve.


5) This chutney goes well with Idli and Dosa.

NOTES :

1) Grind the chutney to little coarse paste ..Never grind coconut chutney to fine paste.

2) Coconut oil tastes best for this chutney and obviously this is Kerala chutney so use coconut oil.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have