Skip to main content

KARAPORI / SPICED PUFFED RICE

Hi All,
KARA PORI / SPICED PUFFED RICE !! Before marriage when I was working ,me and my colleague use to taste this kara pori very often.Though our brain keeps on insisting us about the hygiene in road side open shops but our stomach never listens : )..
The fantastic colour and aroma of coconut oil always attracts us to the shop.The simple snack tastes amazing with spicy , tangy , shiny texture and was really filling.Good old Days!!!

After marriage I never felt like eating this snack ( as we rarely go out ) but When I went to my home town we were waiting for cab in Coimbatore then I saw this stall moving toward us.Without second thought I brought this karapori .After reaching home before I forget the ingredients I tried it in home and it is so easy to get the actual taste.Once you taste you can easily find the ingredients and recipe , it is such an easy snack.
In Chennai I heard they will add raw mango bits to kara pori so I added little raw mango too.
Happy to share the recipe with you too.

SERVINGS : 2 MEMBERS.

INGREDIENTS :

Puffed rice / Pori – 1 cup.
Salt – 1/4 tsp.
Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
Carrot – 2 tsp.
Onion – 1 no ( big).
Raw mango – 1 tsp.
Tomato – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Peanuts – 2 tsp ( boiled or fried).
Lemon juice – 1/8 tsp.
Coconut oil – 4 tsp.


METHOD :
  1. Chop all the vegs to very tiny bits , grate carrot.
  2. In a wide bowl add puffed rice , salt , chilli powder , turmeric powder , chopped vegs ,peanuts , coconut oil and mix well.

  3. Finally add lemon juice and serve immediately.

NOTES :
  1. You can add boiled peanut or fried peanuts of your choice . I added fried peanuts.
  2. If you are adding raw mango pieces , then you can skip lemon juice as raw mango itself will give you tanginess.Adding both is purely your choice (I added both :)).
  3. No replacement for coconut oil , pls use coconut oil for perfect taste.
  4. Serve immediately , when time goes on the pori mixture will become soft and soggy.
  5. Adjust chilli powder according to your spice level.



    HAPPY COOKING!!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have