Skip to main content

QUICK BADAM LADOO!

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக் 

Hi All,
QUICK BADAM LADOO! I can surely say this is one the healthy snack which you can give to your kids without any guilt.
I make this once in a week and store them for whole week ,so I no need to worry about my daughter's school snack and also it helps to satisfy my sudden hunger too😍😍.Moreover this requires no boiling , no consistency check , just grind ,roll and enjoy😄
I will make this ladoo as two batches one without sweetness and other with jaggery , sweet less ladoo is for me and sweets are for my family.
Simple badam ladoo recipe is below,

INGREDIENTS :
Almonds / Badam – 3/4 cup
Cashew – 1/8 cup.
Jaggery – 4 tsp.
Cardamom – 1 no.



METHOD :
  1. In a pan dry roast almonds in low heat till it starts spluttering and turns golden brown.
  2. When done add cahews and roast for 2 mins till light brown.
  3. Remove from flame and let them come down to room temperature.
  4. Add roasted nuts , cardamom to blender and grind them in high speed till fine sticky powder.
  5. Then add jaggery and again grind for 1 more minute till the nuts leave oil and jaggery mixes well with nuts mixture.
  6. Now the mixture must become like thick paste.
  7. Empty the contents to a bowl ,mix in hand and make small balls.
  8. Store in airtight container and enjoy for a week.
NOTE :
Adjust jaggery level according to you taste.
FOR PALEO DIET :
  1. Don't add jaggery ,just grind the roasted nuts till they leave oil .
  2. Then empty to a container and make balls , if you feel the mixture is not sticky enough to make balls then add 1 tsp of ghee ,mix well and then make balls out of it.
  3. Store them and enjoy whenever needed , this will help you when you carve for sudden snack.
    HAPPY COOKING!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have