Skip to main content

WHEAT FLOUR BONDA / FRITTERS

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக் 

Hi All,
WHEAT FLOUR BONDA! This bonda is the most easiest snack that can be made in minutes.
I make this bonda for every weekend.I got this recipe from my mum and in my home town I think almost everyone will make this bonda,but in Chennai and Bangalore whenever I make this bonda everyone asks me the recipe 😊😊.
So I thought of sharing the recipe with you all.
Here below the recipe for you,

INGREDIENTS :
Wheat flour – 1 cup.
Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1/2 tsp ( or as required).
Onion – 1 no ( big).
Curry leaves – a sprig ( I didn't add today due to out of stock).
Cooking soda – 1/8 tsp ( a pinch is enough).

PREPARATION :
  1. Chop onions,curry leaves to very fine pieces
  2. In a wide bowl add wheat flour , chilli powder , salt and mix well without any lumps.
  3. Add water little by little to make it to fine paste ( like bajji batter) as in picture.
  4. The batter consistency must be dropping consistency , if you take the batter in hand and drop in oil it must flow easily but in thick balls ( not too runny , not too thick).
  5. Now add chopped onion , curry leaves , cooking soda and mix evenly.
  6. Heat oil in wide kadai to boiling temperature.
  7. Using your hands gently drop the batter as small balls in oil , keep the flame in medium or low and deep fry till dark golden brown.
  8. Remove from kadai , drain the oil and serve hot.
  9. The bondas will taste amazing with kara chutney ,but you can enjoy as it is also.

NOTES :
  1. Batter consistency is very important ,so add water and mix very well to form sticky , not too thick ,not too thin consistency.
  2. Replace chilli powder with green chillies also . Green chillies will give better taste to bondas but as I was feeding the same to my 4 year daughter I avoid green chillies and add chilli powder.
  3. Don't make too big bondas , make small sized bondas for even frying.

HAPPY COOKING!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have