Skip to main content

EGGLESS ,BUTTERLESS VANILLA SPONGE CAKE

தமிழ் காண : கிளிக் 
Hi All,
EGGLESS VANILLA SPONGE CAKE!! I never want to try eggless,butterless cake as we love eggs and butter flavour in cakes.But for valentines day my newly wedded neighbour requested me with eggless ,butterless cake !! I want to tell her I never make vanilla sponge cakes without eggs and butter but already I promised them to bake cake and also I want to keep up my good baker 😉name so I decided to give a try 😇.
The cake was so easy and I made it very easily , as the cake was made for a occasion I didn't cut the cake to show you , but instead I took pictures before frosting and posted for you.I got very good feedback from my neighbour couple and they all loved the cake so much.
The cake was so spongy and yummy and also very economical 👍.You can also view some of my basic sponge cake recipes below,
1) Bakery style Butter sponge cake.
2) Chocolate sponge cake.
3) Pink sponge cake. 
The easy ,peasy recipe is as below,

SERVINGS : 4 members.

INGREDIENTS :
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 1/2 cup / 180 gms
Baking powder – 1 1/4 tsp.
Baking soda -1/2 tsp.
Sugar – 3/4 cup / 150 gms.
Salt – 1/4 tsp.
Refined oil – 1/2 cup / 120 ml.
Thick curd – 1 cup / 240 ml.
Milk – as needed ( boiled and brought to room temperature)
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
METHOD : 
  1. Pre-heat oven to 170” C – 40 mins.
  2. Sieve maida , baking powder , baking soda for even mixing.
  3. Using your blender beat vanilla essence and curd together for a minute ( I used food processor , you can use electric beater if available).
  4. Add oil to above mixture and beat till they mixes well with each other.
  5. Now add sugar and again beat till sugar mixes and dissolves with curd-oil mixture.
  6. When done empty the contents to a bowl and add maida mixture little by little and keep mixing .
  7. Keep mixing until the maida mixture is added completely and forms batter consistency.
  8. Now your batter must be in ribbon consistency , if batter is too thick you can add milk little by little to form ribbon consistency.
  9. Grease your baking tray with butter or oil and dust with flour.
  10. Pour the batter to baking tray and tap gently as the air bubbles to be released.Also using a sharp knife or spatula just make a gently swirls over the batter to release the air bubbles.Both method with help.
  11. Bake for 40 mins or more till tooth pick comes out clean.
  12. When done remove from oven and let the cake cool down for 10 mins , remove from tray and rest the cake in wired tray to cool completely.
  13. Done!! Frost the cake as per your wish or enjoy as it is.I frosted with cream cheese.
NOTES :
  1. Baking temperature may vary from oven to oven . So after baking for 30 mins check with tooth pick and increase baking time accordingly.
  2. Oil can be replaced with melted butter too.
  3. My cake required about 60 ml of milk to bring the batter to right consistency but it may vary so add little by little.


    HAPPY COOKING!!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parambaryam Delights specializes in crafting traditional butter, preserving authentic flavors and techniques. Experience the rich heritage and taste of handmade butter, meticulously prepared by Parambaryam Delights. Indulge in the essence of tradition with every spread of our wholesome butter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have