Skip to main content

SPROUTED KAMBU DOSA / SPROUTED BAJRA / DARK MILLET DOSA

Hi Everyone,

KAMBU DOSA!! Bajra or Dark millet is very very good for health .But making tasty dishes out of it is important in our home.Even though I make healthier food if it is not tasty no one will eat it.
Dosa is favorite for everyone so I add all healthy ingredients in dosa batter and make yummy,crispy yet healthy breakfast and dinner.
My mother advises to add kambu along with urad dal while grinding to make kambu dosa.But I will not prepare in that way , Bcoz it looks like I need to make same variety of dosa for 2 -3 days and everyone feels bored.
So I make basic dosa batter (recipe here) and refrigerate it . Whatever variety dosa I want to prepare I will add that powder or puree to required amount of dosa batter just 7 hours before cooking and leave them for fermentation.
This way I can make variety of dosas in a week and it wont get repeated also.
Kambu dosa I will make sprouts ( recipe here) with kambu , sundry for a day and grind them to fine powder and store them for months,Whenever needed I will mix them with batter and make dosa.

SERVINGS : YIELDS ABOUT 15 DOSAS.

The recipe is as below,

INGREDIENTS:
Kambu / Bajra / Dark millet sprouts powder – 1 cup ( sprouts recipe here).
Dosa batter – 3 cups ( recipe here).
Salt – 1 tsp.
Water – 1/2 cup ( appx).
Oil – as required.



PREPARATION :
  1. In a wide bowl mix dosa batter , bajra powder , required water and salt ( as dosa batter already has salt add little).
    Instead of bajra powder if you are adding bajra means soak 1 1/2 cup bajra for 6 hours grind them with required water and mix it to dosa batter.

  2. Leave the batter for fermentation for 6 hours ( half day).
  3. After half a day of fermentation you can see the batter has raised foamy , mix well.
  4. Heat your iron skillet , spread little oil and pour a ladle full of batter.
  5. Spread the batter evenly to form thin circle.
  6. Sprinkle little oil around the corners of dosa.
  7. Boil the dosas in low or medium flame for 3 mins and then in high flame for 1 minute.
  8. When dosas started to turn brown flip them using spatula and boil for 2 more mins.
  9. Unlike normal dosas ,kambu dosas will take time to cook so cook patiently and don't be in hurry.
  10. Remove from skillet and serve hot with your favorite sidedish.
  11. I served with onion chutney.
  12. Some of the sidedishes that goes well with Kambu dosa are,

    FOR MORE DINNER AND BREAKFAST IDEAS CLICK THE LINK BELOW



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou