Skip to main content

PANEER DISCS WITH GARLIC TOMATO DIP


Hi Everyone,
This post was lying in my draft for long time but I hesitated to post it for two reasons first was the name of the dish, I know the recipe but I don’t know the name of the dish (I know its  a Chinese dish but don’t know the name ) and the second thing was the photo was not clear it doesn't replicate the actual colour of the final dish so I was thinking should I post or to delete it , but finally decided to post bcoz of its taste.

The taste of this dish is such a rich , Chinese yummy taste that I cant delete it without sharing.

Without any suspenses lets move to recipe,

Servings : Yields about 15 balls

INGREDIENTS :

Paneer                      -   150 gms
Chilli powder           -   2 tsp
Salt                           -   as required
Tomato ketchup       -   4 tsp
Oil                            -   for frying.
Garlic chopped        -    4 tsp
Onion (big)              -   1 small sized

PREPARATION :

PANEER DISCS:
1) In a plate place the paneer piece and sprinkle salt , 1 tsp of  chilli powder.

2) Then grate the paneer as in the picture .

3) Now add 2 tsp chopped garlic , tomato ketchup and mix well.

4) Then make the paneer to medium size flat balls.

5) In a kadai heat oil , once oil gets heated low down the heat and fry the paneer discs in medium heat.

6) Drain the oil and arrange in the plate.

GARLIC TOMATO DIP :

1) In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and add the onions , remaining garlic and fry till onions fries to brown colour.


2) Once done add the tomato ketchup,salt and 1 tsp of chilli powder and boil for 2 mins , switch off the flame and empty it bowl.

3) Serve the paneer discs with garlic ketchup.

NOTES :

1) If the discs are fried in high heat it will get burned immediately , if you fry before oil gets heated
the discs will breakdown so pls heat in medium heat.

2) Once the discs are added to oil , leave for 30 seconds then flip it over no need to flip immediately after adding in oil.

3) You can add chopped onion grass while adding onions during sauteing (as I don't have stock in my hand I skipped that step).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have