Skip to main content

BAKERY STYLE BUTTER SPONGE CAKE

EDITED ON : 20.12.16 ( FOR INGREDIENT RATIO CORRECTION)
Hi All,
PERFECT VANILLA SPONGE CAKE!! I baked this cake so many times but every time I felt something was missing and I was not satisfied with the texture of cake , So I kept it without posting.
Though my family likes this cake , I was trying for perfect recipe to bring out the Bakery style texture.Finally I tried this perfect recipe .I adapted this recipe from Indianhelathyrecipes,
I tried it once and based on the results I altered according to my taste .
The cake was perfect , moist , soft .. soft and yummy.The taste of cake took me to my childhood days when I mum bake cake for us , those days she make cake in electric cooker not even in oven but the cake was the best one I ever had in my life.Now after long time I brought back the same taste and texture 😍And I proudly say this is the best cake I ever baked and it is very very soft just like what I get from bakeries ( Iyengar bakery cake).
The recipe is similar to basic cake recipe but few tricks and ingredients ratio makes your cake perfect.

RECIPE SOURCE : indianhealthyrecipes.com

The recipe is as below,

INGREDIENTS :
All purpose flour – 200 gms ( 1 1/2 cup).
Eggs - 4 nos.
Milk – 60 ml ( 1/4 cup ) or more as per requirement.
Baking powder – 2 tsp.
Vanilla essence – 1 1 /2 tsp.
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 230 gms ( 1 1/2 cup)
Sugar – 200 gms ( 1 cup).



METHOD :
  1. Sieve all purpose flour , baking powder , salt twice ( sieving helps to avoid lumps and also even mixing).

  2. Add sugar in your food processor and grind it to fine powder . Then add butter and beat in low speed until the butter blends with sugar powder well and forms soft and puffy mixture.
  3. If the butter mixture is too thick to blend add milk here itself for smooth blending.
  4. Now add one egg at a time and beat in low speed till foamy , like wise add all the eggs one by one and beat till foamy.
  5. Remove the mixture from processor and add it to a wide bowl , add vanilla essence.
  6. Add the flour mixture little by little ( may be in 3 batches) to the wet mixture along with little milk and mix well using spatula without any lumps.
  7. After adding complete flour mix the batter gently for few more minutes in flip method to form ribbon consistency.
  8. If the batter is too thick add milk little by little and mix till required consistency.
  9. Pre-heat oven to 180”C- 45 mins.
  10. Grease the cake tins with butter and dust with all purpose flour.

  11. Pour the batter to half of the tins , tap the tins slightly for even spreading and bake for 45 mins.


  12. Insert a tooth pick to see if it comes out clean.If done remove from oven and let the cake rest till it reaches room temperature.
  13. Invert the cake to wide plate , cut and serve.

NOTES :
  1. Milk quantity is as per your cake batter consistency , you can add either during butter blending or at the the final stage to loosen up the texture.But always add milk little by little.
  2. As I don't have electric beater , I use food processor for beating egg and butter .You can use electric beater too.
  3. The batter consistency is very important ,it must be ribbon consistency (ie) if you pour the batter from top it must flow like ribbon.
  4. The flip method of mixing helps the cake to form even texture and avoid air pores ( the short video of flip method is here in my chocolate cake recipe).
  5. Don't change the ratios for perfect soft cake.
  6. Baking time may vary from oven to oven ,so after 30 mins of baking ,insert a tooth pick and check .
  7. Don't use cold butter or cold egg , bring everything to room temperature before using.

TRY MY OTHER SPONGE CAKE TOO WITH THE BELOW RECIPE,














Comments

  1. Your recipe looks so nice I will definitely try it and if you have enough time you can check my site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. bakery halal

    ReplyDelete

  3. This article on the Bakery Style Butter Sponge Cake is a fantastic guide for anyone looking to recreate that classic, soft, and moist sponge cake you'd find at a bakery. The author's dedication to perfecting the recipe shines through, and their journey to achieve a bakery-style texture is relatable and inspiring. The recipe is well-detailed and includes clear instructions, making it accessible to bakers of various levels. The choice to share their source of inspiration from Indianhealthyrecipes.com adds authenticity to the article, and the personal touch of adapting the recipe to their own taste is appreciated. To discuss more about visit Professional Bakery Courses In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your detailed recipe for the Bakery Style Butter Sponge Cake is incredibly helpful and thorough. The step-by-step instructions, along with your personal tips and tricks, make it accessible for both experienced and novice bakers. The dedication to achieving the perfect texture and taste, reminiscent of childhood memories, adds a heartfelt touch. Your transparency about adaptations from Indianhealthyrecipes.com and the source of inspiration adds authenticity. I can't wait to try this recipe and recreate the magic of a soft, moist cake reminiscent of a cherished bakery treat For more details, visit
    Cake Classes In Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou